Thinking About Oil Pulling?
Many of our clients ask our staff about oil pulling, have a friend or family member that regularly does oil pulling for their health, or have even tried it themselves. Check out some of the benefits of oil pulling below, what oil pulling is, and learn more about a product that will be available in our office soon!
What are the benefits of oil pulling?
Oil pulling is a holistic approach to pulling toxins out of the body. Reported benefits include:
- Reducing the amount of bacteria in the mouth that can lead to cavities, plaque, and bad breath.
- Oil pulling can reduce inflammation caused by bacteria. This reduced inflammation makes for healthier gums.
How can you do oil pulling at home?
- Simply swish about a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and “push and pull” the oil between your teeth for about 15-20 minutes. A convenient time to do this is in the shower for many people.
- After swishing, spit the oil into the trash or toilet (it can clog a drain).
- Once complete, don’t forget to brush your teeth!
What type of oil should be used for oil pulling?
Generally, coconut oil is most commonly used for oil pulling, but oils such as sesame and sunflower can be used as well. Lawrence Dental Solutions will soon have oil from Skinny and Company available, made specifically for oil pulling and oral health. Skinny and Company offers a variety of all natural products for overall health. All Skinny and Co. products contain five or fewer ingredients, are wild harvested (not plantation grown), and considered “raw” as the oil is harvested by cooling as opposed to heating. We look forward to being able to provide a great new product to our clients!